Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big News! (FINALLY!)

Well,
I can finally talk about my "secret" and big news I have mentioned in my other posts. Yesterday, I turned in my letter of resignation to Marathon Oil Company, and called my supervisor in Equatorial Guinea, Africa; to let him know that I would not be returning.

I have been offered (and accepted) a new job with ConocoPhillips. I will be a commissioning engineer for a $1.5 billion dollar refinery expansion project at the WoodRiver Refinery! Its a big job and hopefully will help boost my career.

If you didnt already know, I have been wanting to get my MBA. However, I don't want to quit work to get my MBA because in the oil industry, years of experience counts for a lot. I tried for the last 1.5 years with Marathon to get transferred to the Detroit Refinery, but nothing ever happened. So I decided to take matters in my own hands. I will be moving to St. Louis area next week! I go house hunting tomorrow! Everything is moving so fast.

Anyways, life goes on and now I can be a normal human being and active in society!! I have joined a hockey league in St. Louis and I have also hired a private tutor for Korean lessons! I will have two 1.5 hour lessons a week! Hopefully that will give me the boost I need to finally conquer this language barrier I have!!

This also means that I will be cooking a lot more!! I bought 5 Korean recipe books and plan on making a lot of food soon.

The advantage of buying a new house is I can find a house with a great kitchen. My criteria for a new house are as follows:
1. Cable internet (besides blogging, Im a video game addict)
2. A large room to be my Home Theater room. I am a movie and television buff. Soon to add several Korean Dramas and Movies to my repertoire, anyways I have a 50" LCD television and a very nice speaker system which I will take pictures of once it is setup.
3. Last but not least, a very nice kitchen! :) For obvious reasons..

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on the job and the house. you should take some time off and visit Korea^^

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys.

    Ive been crazy and it'll get even more crazy this coming week. I have to move! and I have to find a house to move into!! lol

    ReplyDelete