Saturday, July 26, 2008

커피프린스 1호점 - "The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince" (Series Recap)



I have finally finished watching this entire series and I must say, it was excellent. When you look up the information on this series you see that it was not so popular at the beginning of the series, but as the series developed it gained popularity and at the end of the series was contineously ranked 1st or 2nd in viewers. After finishing the series, I can understand this shift in popularity.

This show is good throughout the entire drama, but it gets way better at the end. I know most people get tired of Korean Dramas all having similar plots of the forbidden relationships and sappy stories, but is that not the reason we watch Korean Dramas? Its like going to Disney World, you know its going to be a tourist trap, crowded, little kids all over the place, but you still go when you get the opportunity.

The reason I say this drama gets better and better is it does a great job of the frustrating the viewer at the beginning of the show because of the conflicts between characters and the characters mix matching with the wrong people. But as the show develops and the relationships between these characters develop, the viewers become more at ease with the developing relationship between Go Eun Chan and Choi Han Kyul.

Im not going to give the plot away but it does end in the typical Korean Drama fashion. But I think that is why I liked this drama so much. By the end of the series, I was ready and wanting the characters to match up like they did. The last two episodes were awesome and gave the typical warm and fuzzy feeling in your heart.

My overall rating for the series would be a solid 8. The only reason is the series does start of a little rocky in the beginning, but the last couple episodes really make the series. I would highly recommend this show to my friens. However, I think "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" and "Full House" are still higher on the "Must Watch List".

2 comments:

  1. i actually went to the cafe the other day. the coffee wasnt as good as i expected it to be. :[

    sorry to the lack of updates. my internet wasnt working at home and then the people fixing the computer shattered my monitor. talk about bad luck . . . i just got that laptop 2 mths ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an actual coffee shop in existance based on this show?? Where is it located?

    ReplyDelete