Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun in the Rain!

So its been raining non-stop for the last 3 days. Of course this coincide with the commissioning process of my project. I am the project engineer for a $5,000,000 water treatment facility. Yes, someone entrusted me with that much money..isnt it amazing? I can't even balance my checkbook!

Anyways here are some pictures:

My baby:


There are 6 tanks and each tank holds 200,000 gallons of water!

Here is a hint for you if you ever find yourself controlling the valve to a fire water hose. If the person on the end of the hose (Me in this case) is pointing his thumb down and moving it in a down position. It means to turn down the water...NOT UP!!! If you have never seen a fire hose that is loose with a lot of water pressure it looks similar to the cartoons where it "snakes" around. Anyways, here is the result of me wrestling a loose fire hose (luckily I reacted fast enough to keep it from breaking my leg):



Yea, those are waterproof boots, maybe I should get a refund because they got wet on the inside....although Im not sure if the manufacturer would approve of pointing a fire hose down the top of the boot?

The result of 3 days of rain on my project construction site:


Finally, the rain stopped just a few hours ago. The rain did drop out the Sahara dust so we got a nice view of the mountain. Unfortunately its swealtering hot outside with like 100% humidity. Luckily, my work is done for the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment