Thursday, June 12, 2008

Younha - 고백하기 좋은 날 (The Perfect Day to Say I Love You)

This is my first review of Korean Music.
Over my last three trips to Korea, I have been fascinated with Korean music. I have purchased several albums each trip to bring back with me.

The reason Younha is my first review is because she is my favorite artist. I discovered her because the sales clerk at the airport suggested this album. I bought it and I started listening to it. To this day I can not stop listening to it. It is perhaps one of my favorite albums ever!


Most of the lyrics are in Korean (I only know a very limited amount of Korean, and don't understand any of the songs). However, I am a firm believer that music is an international language and I think this album is an excellent example.

The music is very unique and hard to describe. It is on the border line of the typical Kpop sound, however if anything I would have to say more of a mature sound. Not the typical "bubble-gum pop" sound.

Younha is a very talented artist with an unbelievable voice. Combined with upbeat music and and great rythym in the lyrics. For all I know the songs could be about anything, however the lyrics flow smoothly and with great transitions between the songs.

This album has so many great songs. I liked them all. I especially enjoyed:
I Cry (꼬마)
Fly
Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment